Quality charter for the practice of Percutaneous Hydrotomy
Never perform percutaneous hydrotomy without prior training in the technique.
1) OBLIGATORY training:
- Attendance at a theoretical and practical workshop for doctors, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
2) Online list of practitioners:
Registered only in France and restricted to doctors, registered nurses with a single occupational address and telephone number (annual subscription for inclusion = €30)
- Other healthcare professionals undertake the practice entirely under their own medico-legal responsibility for the country where they are practising.
- For those outside France, inclusion of practitioners for information purposes: practice in accordance with the legislation in their country of practice.
3) Installation of the treatment room:
- Appropriate and clean premises
- Information on the technique available in the waiting room
- Examination table
- Drip holder
- Single-use material: syringes, needles, mesokit
- Availability of all the products necessary for percutaneous hydrotomy
4) Strict aseptic technique:
- Disinfection with 70° alcohol or Septeal
- Disinfection of hands or gloves
5) Strict compliance with the protocols taught
6) Never use alternative products (substitution) or add ingredients:
- Risk of unknown physico-chemical incompatibility: pH, viscosity, osmolarity, pain at point of injection, poor resorption, risk of nodules or even necrosis.
7) Adhere to extensive dilutions
Primarily for the following products:
- Decan or Nutryelt
- EDTA (acidity)
Second, comply with the injection techniques:
- Mesochelation protocol by continuous injection
- Vaso-active protocol as discontinuous +++, layering or 3-second technique (procaine: never more than 2 mL, Mag, Soluvit, pentoxyfilline, ketoprofen)
never inject into the feet or hands
8) Do not perform or associate with the session (before or after) new technical manipulations that were not part of the training
- Including application of non-sterile creams, apart from EMLA 5%, massages, etc.
9) It is forbidden to use products without MA
- Quinton plasma is a nutritional supplement and does not have market authorisation (MA) for injection, contrary to information sometimes published on the internet (“guerilla” hydrotomy).
10) No manipulations of perfusion pouches
- Beyond normal use and use of extemporaneous products (limited shelf-life of injectable products).
11) Monitor the patient
- Be reassuring
- Take feedback from the patient into consideration: pain at the point of injection (reduce the pressure on the syringe or the perfusion flow-rate).
- Take individual sensitivities into consideration: anxious nature, spasmophilia, older age (half-dose) to avoid overloading with local anaesthetics.
12) Adherents to the charter must respect certain ethical considerations to avoid exclusion:
- Conformity with the Percutaneous Hydrotomy nomenclature (avoid any other terms).
- Expressing opinions or personal criticisms on the practice of this technique by healthcare professionals beyond any consultation or decision from the Society.
13) Price of consultation within a reasonable range:
– Intradermal injection: €30 to 50
– Mesoperfusion: €50 to 80
– Intradermal injection: €20 to 30
– Mesoperfusion: €30 to 50
14) The Quality charter for the practice of Percutaneous Hydrotomy must be:
- Dated and signed